Enough is Enough

Apologies for this, if you don't know what this is about, probably better to keep it that way as it's not a nice tale. I also apologize for posting about this subject again but I am at a complete loss of how to deal with the unending and savage accusations still be railed against me over the last two and a half years.

We have seen a lot of stuff posted by various individuals on the subject of the Panther DVD review posted some two and half years ago now.

An interesting point is back “when” things used to be about substance, the news and reviews etc.

But with the advent of this blogging phenomenon we see the emphasis change to that of the individual where it seems "who" is more important that "what?"

Why is this? Well basically it’s because those without any valid argument or facts to offer resort to character assassination, name calling and outright abuse, just the thing we have seen in abundance on the Panther Project and The Flame blog sites.

I have sort advice from numerous people on what best to do in a situation where no matter what I say it is twisted around to suit the agenda of others. These people have made up their minds on false premises and predigest, and are ready to put their connotation on anything said to fit in with their agenda; so why bother?

I have decided to simply ignore these people and urge people NOT to feed them, simply ignore them and let them wallow in their own mess.

Brian lives at Derby, Derbyshire, UK, I am in Perth, Western Australia the other side of the planet, yet he claims to know exactly where the DVD was and what Jon and I were doing at any given time, even what review I was working on at a given time. Give me a break, he must be the World's best clairvoyant as well? (Sorry to be flippant)

One could also ask why Brian re-posted the whole saga on his blog on March 9 even though he states he only makes postings in response to things I say. I hadn’t made any comment on this subject for months, so why did he make this posting if not to re-ignite the issue for his own motives?

The simple fact is you can't have proof of something that didn't happen; if anyone reads my e-mails without the suggestive prompting you will see this! For the umpteenth time; I, Terry Ashley wrote the Panther DVD review, why Brian can't understand this is beyond me other than he doesn't want too because it makes an even bigger mockery of his vindictive ravings.

I have no intention of admitting to something I didn't do just to appease some nasty foul mouthed bully.

Brian has again posted one of my private e-mails from 16 June 2007. I am actually glad he did because it shows I'm telling the truth in regards this Private forum if you ignore the usual leading by Brian, as well as tipping a bucket on his mate Vinnie Brannigan, way to go Brian.

I will put my hand up for one thing, saying in some e-mails that I was working on the review, which was simply to get this wining individual to go way. Something I bet nearly everyone including Brian has done at some time when asked if you're doing something, especially at work. You say "yes working on it" so you don't have to elaborate further, that's all. Yet he takes this literally because it suits his agenda, and should be seen as such.

And let’s not forget this is not just an attack on me and Jon Bailey it is an attack on free speech where someone who can’t challenge the review on factual issues resorts to the worst kind of personal abuse. Can you image the situation where everyone is just so scared to tell the truth for fear of being attacked in this manner for years after the event; reviews would be worth didley squat and would be nothing more than product adverts.

So Brian, I REJECT YOU and your vindictive foul mouthed hate campaign as a total disgrace and irrelevance.
I REJECT your trumped up allegations, arrived at by putting your twist on anything to suit your own agenda.

You can continue to post your vindictive tripe and fairy stories until you are a bitter and twisted old man (if not already) as far as I'm concerned along with the anonymous mates that have gathered around you like flies on a steaming cow pat.

My conscience is clear on all of this, I know what I did and didn’t do and that’s all that matters to me. The erroneous conclusions of others with predetermined agendas are a total irrelevance as are they.

Just to summarise, as my e-mail of 16 June 2007 proves I had no knowledge of or participated in any alleged conspiracy by some private forum group, I wrote the review and explained the so called "lying in e-mails" above. The rest is just hot air from a bunch of the most nasty, vindictive, foul mouthed individuals you would have the misfortune to run across in a dark alley and as said, I reject the lot.

I have far more important things in life to get on with. Again, I wrote the DVD review, which is the only story you are ever going to get from me because it's THE TRUTH, so deal with it! THE END.

I apologise if that sounds a little arrogant but this has gone on for two and a half years now and enough is enough.

Footnote:
With the review off line we have seen the emotive term “assassinations piece” emerge and without the review people have been unable to see for themselves. Therefore I will re-post the Panther DVD review and my Addendum so people can actually read these and decide for themselves without being led to a conclusion by Mr.Balkwill.

The review in fact is factual and technically accurate something no one to this day has been able to dispute, hence the nasty hate campaign and character assassination we have seen from Mr.Balkwill and his mates.

Let’s also not forget Brian said he would remove his postings from the Panther Project and Flame blog pages if the PMMS review was taken down, well that didn’t happen did it, the situation just escalated into a feeding frenzy by him and his anonymous mates.

Footnote 2 on Jon Bailey's involvement?
Yes Jon is my mate, not my wife meaning he doesn't tell me every little thing he does.
There has been a lot of talk about what did or didn’t take place on a private forum, the key word being PRIVATE. When people are at the pub or having coffee with friends they will say stuff they wouldn't think of saying in public, that's what private means.

In the end this would have remained on the "private" forum was it not for Brian betraying that privacy, not for the first time either. Whatever occurred on this private forum had no bearing on the review I WROTE as I’ve already stated I didn’t even know of the existence of this group until all this blew up. So what’s the relevance of continually talking about this group when they had nothing to do with the final review, just another giant smoke screen to try and make out there was some conspiracy, which there wasn’t other than in Brian’s mind?

It is claimed Jon has a hatred for Alasdair Johnston yet there is no proof of this anywhere other than what Brian and his mates say. The supposed ML posting on this is here, make up your own mind?